Friday, October 31, 2008

A plea to two friends

Before I start my plea to my friends, I have to point out the new additions to my blog. In the left column, you'll notice two counters the first is the countdown to the mid-term elections. I'm putting this up in a moment of weakness and doubt as to whether McCain can pull this election off. The second is the national debt counter. I have a feeling if this election goes badly for us conservatives, we're going to see that one pick up speed. Now on to the plea...

So, here is my plea to my friends...

My first friend has told me that she is probably going to vote for Obama, but she isn't sure. She has some doubt and says she may make a last minute decision to go a different way. She says her primary problem is Palin. She feels that Palin isn't ready to be President and if my friend votes for McCain, Palin will be a heartbeat away from the Oval Office.

You are right. If you vote for McCain, Sarah Palin will be a heartbeat from the Presidency. I know you have some misgivings about her and I can understand that. I don't have those problems. Quite simply, in my opinion, a couple of bad interviews early in your time on the national stage do not an incompetent person make.

However, while she will be next in line to be President, I can't guarantee that she won't become President, nor can I guarantee that she will. What I can guarantee is that if Obama is elected, he will be the President, and that idea scares me beyond belief.

I told my wife something today that I never thought I would ever, ever say. I wish Hillary had won the Democratic nomination. During the primaries, I rooted for Obama to win the nomination because I dislike Hillary on the same level that most avid Democrats dislike Bush. However, if McCain can't win, I would so much prefer that Hillary be President over Obama, because he scares me that much.

As I listen to more and more that comes out about Barack Obama, I realize how dangerous he is for this country. The redistribution of income that he wants to do, the statements that indicate he thinks the Constitution was wrong.

I've heard him say that he doesn't think we should be sending billions of dollars to countries that don't like us very much, yet, based on things he's said and the associations he's had, he and his friends don't like this country very much.

I look into what Obama says and I see so much of the Constitution that hangs by a thread. What of the right to free speech and freedom of the press. I look at his performance and I see so much of these freedoms being suspended in the name of "fairness." Just this week he kicked the Dallas Morning News, New York Post, and Washington Times off his campaign plane because they endorsed McCain. I believe this is a precursor to what we will see with him in the White House. Those media outlets critical of what he does will simply be frozen out. The media are supposed to be the watchdog of the government, yet I believe that the First Ammendment is in danger should Mr. Obama occupy the White House.

Recently I've been reading about Fascism and the rise of the Nazi party in Germany prior to WWII. The parallels to what you see in Obama's performance are disconcerting to say the least and terrifying to say the most.

This has moved beyond Democrat and Republican for me. Mostly because I don't think that down deep, if we could know him that way, Mr. Obama is a Democrat. Down deep, I believe he is somewhere between a Marxist and a Fascist and he will do so much damage to this country and what has made it great.

So please, move beyond your worry and make sure that we don't have this man dismantling our great nation.

My second friend is planning to vote third party and my plea to him is simple...

I think you're right, a third party would help this country greatly, but this is not the time to take that stand. I've outlined only a few of my fears about Mr. Obama here, and looking at the polls, I believe that, at this point, a vote for anyone but McCain is essentially a vote for Obama. There will be a time to stand for a third party, but this is a time to stand for our country and make sure that a man who thinks our founding fathers were wrong and wants to dismantle our founding documents does not occupy the White House.

No comments: