Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10 reasons to vote GOP

I'm doing my own version of Letterman's Top Ten list. These are my top ten reasons not to vote Democratic....







These are the ten cities in the United States with the highest poverty rates. Note the amount of time that they've had Republican leadership.

I live in Toledo and the city is a mess. We've got some good points (the zoo, the art museum, the parks), but my basic analysis of it is that the schools are on academic watch, most of the roads drive like bombed out airstrips,the police usually have a 1 to 3 day response time to anything that doesn't involve gunfire at the moment of the call, jobs are fleeing this city and the administration is running around planting flowers, putting up lights downtown and trying to convert a warehouse into a concert hall. Talk about rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Know what we have in common with the ten cities on that list? Democratic rule. Toledo is such a Democratic stronghold that we actually have two Democratic parties. You read that right, TWO DEMOCRATIC PARTIES, the A-Team and the B-Team. Sure, there's a Republican party here, but the fact is that the unions (I'll be beating my head against this wall in a later blog entry) have such a stranglehold on this city that if you ran Jesus himself on the Republican ticket, you couldn't get him elected.

Now, I ask you, why on earth would you want to put the same sort of people who ran these cities into the ground in charge of the entire United States? Having said that, I have to say that on the whole, I think we could be better off with some of those guys (including Kwami Kilpatrick) in charge before the current Democratic ticket. Why? Because while I believe that while most of those guys couldn't economically develop a lemonade stand, much less a city, I don't think that they'll take us down the road to Hell as fast as Obama, Biden, Clinton, Pelosi, Dodd, Frank and the others.

No comments: