Monday, December 1, 2008

My Dream Team

I've been watching over the last few days as Obama names more of his cabinet. I'm still processing some of it, but my initial reaction is that given the pool of people a Democrat is likely to draw from, I think he could have done worse. With that in mind, I've been coming up with my own dream team for 2012. Here's what I have so far....

2012
Jindal - Palin

I thought Palin was a great choice for VP, and I still do. Maybe she'll do some things between now and 2012 to bolster her Presidential resume, but for now I'd have to go with Jindal. He's done so much to clean up the screwed up mess that Louisiana has become, I think he'd be great.
Now to fill in the cabinet positions. They aren't all there yet, but here's what I have so far...
The Cabinet

State ..... ????
Treasury ...... Steve Forbes (I like the flat tax, and if you team him up with Romney on Budet, you'll have growth like we've never seen)
Defense ...... General David Petraeus (Look at what he did in Iraq)
Attorney General ..... Rudy Giuliani (He cleaned up crime in New York. Need we say more?)
Interior ..... Ted Nugent (Land and wildlife management? Right up this guy's alley)
Agriculture..... Nugent (As part of my streamlined government plan, this is getting rolled into interior)
Labor ..... ????
Health and Human Services ..... ????
HUD ...... ????
Transportation ..... ????
Energy .... T. Boone Pickens (An oilman who wants to pursue wind farms. He's got that all of the above attitude we need)
Education ..... ?????
Veterans Affairs ..... Oliver North. (He's already doing tv shows honoring vets. He's make a good advocate)
Homeland Security ..... Sheriff Joe Arpaio (There would be a fence, and our side would have a catapult to send illegal aliens back over it - in pink jumpsuits stamped return to sender)
Cabinet-level administrative offices
Chief of Staff .... Newt Gingrich (He did a lot to organize people and keep them on track during the Contract with America era)
EPA ....Ted Nugent (This one's going into the Interior Dept. as part of my government streamlining idea. Hey, a hunter's going to want to protect the environment.)
Management and Budget .... Mitt Romney (If anyone can straighten things out, he can)
Drug Control Policy ..... ????
Trade Represntative ..... Walter Williams (Like the others in the economic posts, he just gets it.)

And just to throw a curve ball at the media, Ann Coulter will be the White House Press Secretary. She'll let them know how stupid they really are.

That's it so far. Updates will follow.

No comments: