Friday, November 7, 2008

Change we need

I've spent the last couple of days off my blog because I've been trying to parse all the information that has been coming out since the election and trying to decide how I feel about all this.

Don't get me wrong. I'm disappointed. I'm certainly worried for the future. It seems that Mr. Obama and the rest of the Democratic leadership, in spite of their word that they want to unite everyone and work toward bipartisanship, seem to be moving to the hard left. As I said in my last blog, it appears that Lieberman will be spanked for speaking out in favor of John McCain during the campaign. Also, the appointments for transitional teams do not bode well for future unity and bipartisanship -- that is unless you define bipartisan as the conservatives giving up all their beliefs and coming over to the liberal way of thinking.

Having said that, I'm happy. Why? Because I do see evidence that Obama will bring about the change we need. I doubt that it's the change he intended although it could be, since we don't really know what he actually meant when he said change, but I doubt it. The change I see is within the Republican party.

I actually see a future in the Republican party now. I fully think that the majority of the party's problem is that it had lost its way. Now I see the first light of a direction emerging, and it's a good one -- back to the conservative values that we need.

First of all, is the attempt to smear Sarah Palin. Unnamed staffers leaking stories about her and disparaging her to the media. Even CNN is saying that these stories are false. Read it here. It's fear. These people realize that they have lost and lost big. They realize that their plans have failed miserably and they're trying to put it off on one of the people who is the future of the party in an attempt to save their own skin. Thankfully people are seeing it for what it is and launching a campaign to thwart it. Michelle Malkin addresses Project Leper in detail.

I've heard interviews with defeated moderate Republican candidates who say that the problem has been that the party wasn't moderate enough. Really? You take a strategy the fell flat on its face and say that more of it would have been better?

The media are reporting the Palin smears and the words of the defeated Republicans like they're gospel. They know. Despite their best efforts, true conservatives are a threat to the leftism that they so love, and if we've learned from history, true conservatism wins.

You don't have to look far to see the future of the party. It's in Palin, Bobby Jindal, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and many others.

There's an energy out there. I know I'm part of it. I've always been a conservative like many people are religious. They go to church on holidays, say an occasional prayer and even talk like Christians. I've been the same way in my conservatism. I vote conservative, I'll even talk conservative sometimes, but I haven't really gotten out there to help. Until now. Now I'm going to get involved, I'm going to work on campaigns, I'll be donating, and I know I'm not the only one.

With the appointments he's made so far, it appears that Obama will make many of the same mistakes that Bill Clinton made in his first term that brought about the Contract With America and a turnover of congress. Combine that with the conservatives of the future and you have a recipe for success.

Hang on. The change we need is coming.

No comments: